The Chevy Camper Van
We bought our 1981 Chevy Camperized Van in October of 1996. The plan was to use this van to pull a trailer to haul our Model T Speedster to the car events. Of course, it was very convenient to live in on trips aside from the car events. The Chevy van burnt propane for fuel, so Pat kept a fuel consumption log to learn how far we could travel on a tank full of Propane. This little book is a good reference for where we were on every trip we made in this vehicle.
The Van had a port a pottie, a small fridge, two burner stove top, and even an oven. We slept on the couch that folded down to make a small bed. When the couch was in the up position we could sit on it, open the sliding side door and enjoy the view while having our meals or anytime while camping.
We sold our Chevy Van in June of 2003, after purchasing our first Dodge Lodge. We had travelled 68,271 kms in the Van in the time we owned it.
I do not seem to have taken many photos of the Chevy Van, so I will be making a small photo album of the few photos I have HERE This album includes a few snapshot of Candy and Gary's wedding in July of 2001. We took the van and stayed over night at their place. We have towed the trailer with our 1915 Model T Speedster on it to numerous car events. These events will be mentioned on the Travel Logue page and on the Antiques page or the Model Ts page depending on the event.
There are a few photos of the Van from our trip up Island in 2002
- Genoa Bay - We take at least
an annual trip on the motorcycle to have lunch at
Genoa Bay. I go every chance I get. Its a beautiful
spot. It has a nice little art shop, on the water, of
- Car stuff - RROC & BDC - We have gone many
places with the Fuel Economy Meet, and the Spring
- Car Stuff - Model Ts - We attend meets
with the Can-Am group, the Model Ts day,
- Car Stuff - Antiques - The cars and the
members of this group are often the same as the
people in the other groups, but we go to some
interesting places with a meet that lasts 5 days with
the Antique chapter of the VCCC. We attend the Island Challenge with this group annually.
- Car Stuff - The Chevy Van - We had this Van for 7 years and sold it in June of 2003.
- Car Stuff - The 1995 Pleasure Way Dodge Lodge - We had this Van for 5 years and traded it for the 2000 Wide Body Pleasure Way Dodge Lodge in February, 2008.
- Car Stuff - The 2000 Wide Body Pleasure Way Dodge Lodge - We had this Van for 5 years and traded it for the 2000 Wide Body Pleasure Way Dodge Lodge in February, 2008.
- Car Stuff - The 2017/18 Leisure Travel Van - We picked up our new Leisure Travel Van in August, 2017
Return to Car Tours sub page
No part of this website, including
graphics, text and design
may be reproduced
or transmitted in any form without the prior written permission
of the author.
Last revised: September 30, 2017.